Depart Friday 30th August
Melbourne Departure is at 11:00am and includes an extra overnight stay in Shanghai on Friday night.
Sydney Departure is at 8:30pm and arrives Saturday morning, the first full day of the tour. Please note, if flying in from Sydney, the tour starts on the morning that you arrive, so do your best to get as much sleep on the flight as possible.
Day 1: Saturday 31st Aug: Shanghai City Tour (B, D)
Today is a full day tour of Shanghai. Highlights of the tour include:
- French Concession
- Shanghai Tower
- Yu Gardens
- Nanjing Walking Street
- The Bund
- Huangpu River
In the evening we will gather for a group welcome dinner for all.
Day 2 – Sunday 1st Sept – Tongli Water Village (B)
Today we visit Togli Water Village, known as the Venice of China. Tongli is famous all over the world as a water town to the south of the Yangtze River. Its rivers, streets, bridges, civil residences, and gardens are integrated perfectly as one, earning it the name of “the Oriental Venice” due to its unique water town scenery
Day 3 – Monday 2nd Sept – Transfer to Beijing
Great Wall / Niujie Mosque / Olympic Stadiums / Qienmen Walking Street
Taking an early morning flight to Beijing, we transfer from the airport directly north to the Great Wall of China. A must see on everyone’s bucket list.
Today’s activity includes:
- The Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China – The most preserved part of the Great Wall of China
- Niujie Mosque area – Beijing’s oldest Mosque and Muslim neighborhood
- Olympic Stadiums / Birds Nest – The iconic and famous Beijing Olympic stadiums
- Qienmen Walking Street – Souvenir and bargain hunter delight, as well as some delicious Chinese Halal BBQ!
Day 4 – Tuesday 3rd Sept- Forbidden City / Tiananmen Square / Hutong Tour / Temple of Heaven / Wangfujing Street (B)
Today’s activities include:
- Tiananmen Square – One of the largest city squares in the world
- Forbidden City – Imperial Chinese Palace
- Hutong Tour – Tour by rickshaw through Beijings old style suburbs, followed by walk through the 800 year old Yandai Xiejie (Tobacco Pipe Lean Street), where you can also enjoy a nice Halal meal
- Temple of Heaven – Vast complex build for visiting only by the royal families praying for prosperity
- Wangfujing Walking Street – Famous world wide brand stores as well as a unique array of local street food (Plenty of Halal options to choose from)
Those wanting to finish early can transfer to the hotel with the bus, otherwise if you prefer to shop and explore longer, you can get a taxi, ride share or experience Beijing’s efficient, clean and easy to use subway system back to the hotel.
Day 5 – Wednesday 4th Sept – Lama Temple / Summer Palace / Qienmen Street / Train to Xi’an (B, D)
- Summer Palace – vast ensemble of lakes, gardens and palaces in Beijing. It was an imperial garden in the Qing Dynasty.
- Qienmen Street – Any final Beijing shopping and some Western Chinese Muslim kebabs or burger for lunch
- Transfer to the station for our High Speed Train journey to Xi’an.
In Xi’an, we will be picked up and transfer to the hotel for check in and a quick orientation walk around the area with time to grab some dinner.
Note: High Speed Train seat can be upgraded to 1st Class seat for just $50 USD per person – Advise if you wish to upgrade to a 1st Class seat.
Day 6 – Thursday 5th Sept- Terracotta Warriors / Big Goose Pagoda / Xi’an Great Mosque (B, L)
Xi’an, the capital of Shaanxi Province and the largest city in northwest China. Once the imperial centre of China for 2000 years, Xi’an is now a vibrant, modern city dotted with many interesting historical sites and is a great place to explore.
- Terracotta Warriors – Learn all about this incredible archaeological find, which was discovered after being buried for 2000 years. These clay statues depicting soldiers, horses and chariots were commissioned by the emperor Qin Shi Huangdi as part of his mausoleum after he ascended to the throne in 264 BC. See over 1000 warriors, each individually sculpted from clay and with a different costume, height and facial expression.
- Enjoy Halal meal at local Halal restaurant.
- Big Goose Pagoda – Stroll through the gardens to relax and view one of the largest Buddhist Pagoda’s in Shanshi.
- Xi’an Great Mosque – explore the grounds of the Xi’an Great Mosque is located within the Muslim quarter of the old city. A labyrinth of streets full of Muslims shops selling foods and souvenirs.
Here you will be free to roam and sample some of the delicious foods from one of China’s largest ethic minority Muslim groups, followed by a short stroll back to the hotel when you are done.
Day 7 – Friday 6th Sept – Xian Grand Mosque (Juma Salaat), Xian Muslim Quarter / Bell Tower (B)
Today is a relaxing day with the opportunity to pray Juma in one of the oldest Mosques in China.
- Juma Salaat at Xi’an Great Mosque
- Drum Tower – visit the drum tower with the opportunity to view a traditional Drum Show
- Hui Min Ji – “Muslim Street” ( more like a hundred streets) – Explore the labyrinth of streets in the Muslim area, taking the opportunity to relax and slowly sample some of the many Halal street foods on offer.
Day 8 – Saturday 7th Sept- Check Out / Xi’an City Wall / Farewell Meal Departure (B,L)
After check out, our final activities on this amazing tour include:
- Xi’an City Wall – Most intact city wall in all of China. It was built based on the imperial city wall of Tang Dynasty more than 600 years ago and is the best preserved ancient city wall in existence in China.
- Optional bicycle ride for rent is available for an enjoyable ride around the wall.
- Gather for a group farewell lunch
Transfer to airport for night time departure.
To register and secure your place, please pay deposit of $250 per person either via bank deposit or at Muslim China Tour Deposit.
Deposit option also available at check out via the “Book Now” form on the right.
This price is only available while Airline Seats available and is subject to increase should flight cost and taxes increase.